Sunday, April 26, 2015

ALONE NO MORE...Saved, Single, SATISFIED!

Hello Readers,  I'm lending my blog this week to a dear sister who wanted to share her thoughts on biblical womanhood from a single's point of view!  Please welcome Chandra, whose name means "Illustrious" in the Sanskrit or Indian language...I pray her words will enlighten you as much as it did me! -CB


I am a Single, Black, Saved, Born Again Christian woman!  I have never been married and I have never had any children.  These facts used to bother me for a long, long time.  I used to spend many lonely nights crying over this BUT NOT ANY MORE! I have been set free from those tearful, lonely and sad, sad nights! I have found my freedom in Christ Jesus!  He is my Husband (Isaiah 54:5).  He is my Friend (John 15:15).  He is My Rock (Psalm 18:12 ) as well as my Savior.  Jesus is my EVERYTHING!

I once wrote a song called, Jesus Is My Everything.  Yes, I also love to write!  I write poetry, and I've even written a few praise and worship songs in my life! When I feel down I go to my poetry and songs and they cheer me up.  You see I don't write for man, I write for the Lord.  When I get to heaven I want to sing to Him all these songs and recite the poems I've written just for Him!

Please don't feel sorry for me!  I'm okay with being single, but if God brings a single, saved man in my life for marriage, that's okay too...I would be happy....but it's got to be His will!  If not., well that's alright too!

My favorite Psalm is Psalm 27.  The theme of this Psalm is God offers help for Today and Hope for the Future.  Unwavering confidence in God is a single woman's antidote for fear and loneliness.  The first line says, The Lord is my light and salvation, whom shall I fear.  I love that!  I also have what I call my Golden Nugget verses:  Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ which strengthen me and Philippians 3:14 - I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

There are some True Advantages for being single:

>> I belong to Jesus and not to a man (He's my only Boss!)
>> I can pray, sing, and recite my poetry to Jesus any time I want to without disturbing anyone.
>> I can go wherever I want, whenever I want, and minister as long as I want without worrying about sharing my attention or time with another.

God is my Jehovah Shammah:  The Lord who is always there!  Thanks be to God for His Presence in my life and...

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR HANGING OUT WITH ME!

I'm Chandra...SAVED, SINGLE, AND SATISFIED!

**If you'd like to comment on Chandra's post, send an email to 
sisters4sisters@att.net  OR  use the comments section on my blog page:   http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. Chandra, what a powerful message, you know for a long time after my divorce I too felt along and sad, but God! He is my everything!
    Thanks for the message! Enjoyed this one Sis Betts

    ReplyDelete