Monday, September 21, 2015

A Woman For All Seasons

I Thess. 5:17 Pray continually!
(image, picturespider.com)
Excuse me while I get my shout on!  I'm just so full of joy this morning.  After six weeks of a liberating bible study at my church and a couple days bonding with some sacred sisters at a retreat, all I can say is GOD IS SHO NUFF GOOD!

I'm no stranger to prayer mind you, but I can't tell you what the ministry of prayer has done for me over these past weeks!  The sheer number of opportunities increased at least ten-fold.  With all the violence, sickness, health scares visited upon my community, friends and family, it seems every hour or so somebody was calling me to pray for or with them!

Couple that with the nation wide release of that phenomenal movie, War Room, and another, Captive, being released this week...if you've missed the message that God is calling us to pray...then something's wrong with your God Meter!  

Like you, I'm well aware of those rare breed of women, called Prayer Warriors.  I grew up with them!  Generally, they were the older women of the church.  Real strict looking, starched and severe in their white dresses.

They had eyes that looked like they could see sin in your life ten miles away! And if you even whispered you needed prayer for anything, they would gather around you, lay hands on your body, toss their heads back and wail to the Lord on your behalf! 

Now I have to tell you, I didn't understand much of what was going on then, but Lord, I sure appreciate it now!  Those women had spiritual discernment!  They knew when you, or your family, or your job, or your city was in trouble and they entered into intercessory prayer instantly.  We need to do the same thing!

God has broken that stereotypical image of a Prayer Warrior today! We don't have to be scared of the term any more! Don't have to worry that we don't fit the mold, can't meet the standard of those women of old. He's not just calling older women to seek the Lord in prayer, He's calling women of all ages to hold up the banner! He wants us to be a Woman for All Seasons!  What Seasons am I talking about? Here's only a sampling!


  • A Season of  Lies - Satan, with the help of some very influential people are telling the world that Biblical Truth doesn't matter.  You can be, live, talk, and malign Christians for the beliefs and it's perfectly okay in the name of Tolerance! (1 Tim. 4:1-3)
  • A Season of Hedonism (pleasure seeking) - The sexual abuse of our children by people in trusted authoritative positions (teachers, ministers, child care workers) is sickening! There's no facet of our society it has not touched. (Ephesians 4:19)
  • A Season of Greed - Over consumption of everything is evident in our world today.  America is especially guilty because we have more access to excess than a lot of nations.  But who is paying the cost? Those who can afford it least.  We have super-sized ourselves into obesity, national debt, chemical dependencies of all kinds, and have become technological gluttons, with each new gadget draining our financial resources. It's as if we have forgotten Who owns it all! (Psalms 24:1)

Here's my challenge to you:  Go Right Now to your Prayer Closets, Your Prayer lines,  Your Prayer Meetings, Your Prayer Partners, near and Far...

BE A WOMAN FOR ALL SEASONS....BECOME A WOMAN OF PRAYER!

UNTIL NEXT TIME...

If you would like to leave a comment please send an email to: sisters4sisters@att.net OR  scroll to the bottom of my blog page at  http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com  click on the pencil and the no comments will change to a writing space.

No comments:

Post a Comment