|"...and if someone asks about your|
Christian hope, always be ready
to explain it. " (I Peter 3:15 NLT)
My heart is saddened that we in America must endure yet another mass shooting! It doesn't matter that the club was frequented by the LGBTQ community, the outrage for me is that more and more mentally ill people are able to obtain weapons of mass destruction so easily!
But through it all....there is still hope! The Enemy is trying to drown it out! Our emotions fight against what we know is Truth! Yet, Sisters, I'm here to remind you that HOPE is alive and well....all we need to do is fight through the muck and mire of these unpleasant circumstances and get to the OTHER SIDE!
If you are a Believer reading this, the following is a gentle but stern reminder not to give into fear, frustration, or anger....God is still in control! If you're not a Believer....then honey, let me beg you to consider these benefits and place your trust in the Only One in Whom you can find security today (I'll show you how at the end of this post!)
Since it is generally the news media pushing doom and gloom to everyone, I thought I would show you HOPE manifested in a few under reported news items!
THE OTHER SIDE OF HOPE:
- Hope Never Disappoints (Romans 5:3-5) Paul reminds us that suffering can often bring about perseverance! Patrick Downes, Adrianna Haslet, and Rebekeh Gregory. All were victims of the 2013 Boston Marathon Bombing. Today each of them have come back from this tragedy, reclaimed their lives and successfully completed the 26 miles with prosthetic (artificial) limbs! Ms. Haslet, a professional ball room dancer before the bombing is now even dancing again!!
- Hope Brings Comfort and Encouragement (I Thessalonians 4:13-18) Paul again tells Christians that as long as we have Christ, we can have hope! In August 2010, thirty-three miners in Copiapo, Chile, became trapped in a copper-gold mine for 69 days! For 17 days no one knew if they were dead or alive! In fact, most assumed they were dead. With only three days worth of emergency food, families had already started the grieving process. Yet God prevailed--all thirty-three miners were rescued in reasonably good medical condition!
- Hope Helps Us Forgive (Psalms 130:5-7) The Psalmist assures us that if we but "wait" on the Lord there is mercy, redemption, and yes forgiveness! One year ago this month, 23 year old, Dylann Roof, a deranged young man on the pretense of attending Bible study, open fire on innocent men and women, killing nine of them as they studied the Word of God! At his first meeting with the victims' families, he heard time and time again -I forgive you...may God have mercy on you...you hurt me but I forgive you! Although many in these families and even strangers are still finding it hard to do so....the love of Christ is healing and helping them get through this loss!
Perhaps these stories have touched you as they have me and shown just how powerful HOPE can be in the life of a Believer! I invite you now to join us at the foot of the cross of Jesus Christ for on the other side is HOPE and SALVATION! It's simple just...
1. Admit you are a sinner (Romans 3:23)
2. Believe that there is nothing you can do to save yourself - death is the consequence of all sin (Ephes. 2:8-9; Romans 6:23)
3. Confess your sins before the Lord (Romans 10:9-10)
4. Accept Jesus Christ as not only as your Savior but your Lord (Acts 16:31)
UNTIL NEXT TIME...
If you would like to leave a comment please send an email to: email@example.com OR scroll to the bottom of my blog page at http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com click on the no comments by the pencil and it will change to a writing space.