Monday, July 4, 2016

EVERY DAY CELEBRATIONS!

It is for freedom that Christ has
set us fee... (Galatians 5:1)
Nationally, this is a day of cele-bration for our country's freedom, commem-orating the anniversary of the signing of the Decla-ration of Independence!  Culturally,  July 4th is a time for gathering with family and friends over good food and fireworks.  It is also the first holiday of the summer season with vacations, leisure down-time, and outdoor activities.

Truly, these are times to look forward to, but those of us who are Christians don't have to wait until the calendar pages turn to celebrate a particular holiday...we can do it every day!!! 
  • Each morning that I wake up with a heart filled with gratitude for God's blessing, I celebrate Thanksgiving Day ( Psalm 100:1-4).  Because everything I have comes from His hands!
  • When I think of the day He died on the cross for my sins,  showing the greatest love I'll ever experience, it is Valentine's Day (Romans 5:8) all day long for me!
  • I never get bogged down looking for or trying to buy the perfect gift during the holiday season for I already know what it is and Who is the Giver.  Christmas Day (2 Corinthians 9:15) and Pentecost, the Gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:1-4).  It begins the moment I begin to praise You for Your grace, mercy!
  • Many Christians celebrate All Saints Day in October which honors the unification of believers eternally in heaven and earth one day, but I do that each Sunday, Sabbath Day and during Communion fellowship (Exodus 20:8-11; I Corinthians 11:26)
  • Resurrection Day (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)  is not only in the Spring of the year, but every day as I look forward to the soon coming Savior who will bring with Him my glorified body, free from sin which is my true (Independence Day).  He'll also bring rewards for my faithful service here on earth, Labor Day (Rev.  22:12).  And, I will be filled with joy when He takes me to heaven and I reunite with my parents, Mother's Day and Father's Day where eternity with Him begins, New Years' Day (John 14:3)
So My Dear Sisters,  Be Encouraged, for there's no reason NOT to stay in a Celebratory State of Mind,  for truly God is Good and worth Celebrating no matter what the calendar is saying!!

UNTIL NEXT TIME...

If you would like to leave a comment please send an email to: sisters4sisters@att.net OR  scroll to the bottom of my blog page at  http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com  click on the  no comments by the pencil and it will change to a writing space.

No comments:

Post a Comment