Monday, January 2, 2017

LIVING LIFE ON PURPOSE!

Happy New Year dear sisters!  Hope you made it through the holidays with maximum joy and minimum weight gain! Ugh!!! Those big family dinners are wonderful but boy do we regret them the closer we get to Spring!

I'm begging off the traditional New Years Resolutions discussions sprouting up everywhere this time of year and instead opting for  lifestyle changes with a more eternal value!  This year I've decided to live each day with Purpose and Passion! 

Seems a rather reasonable choice to me since two cities near and dear to my heart  (Chicago and Indianapolis) hit record numbers of violent deaths again in 2016!!  This tells me that somebody out there does not respect or value life...let it be known...I'm not one of them!

Let me share with you what Living Life on Purpose means to me:

First, it's understanding that I have more time behind me than I do in front of me in this earthly life!  (Ephes. 5:16-17So with that in mind I intend to make every moment count.  Simple things like asking myself these three important questions when tempted to take on a new task. 1) Is it necessary?  2) Am I the only one who can do it?  3) Will it help me grow (intellectually, spiritually, experientially) as well as benefit others?  This is one instance in which the old W.I.I.F.M. (What's in it for me?) adage can be applied with wisdom.  Take a look at the places you spend inordinate amounts of time with others.  How many people are doing the same thing but labeling it differently?  It could be that  reorganizing tasks into their appropriate places with the most qualified person or team would alleviate the need for an extra hand?

Second, be intentional in my relationships. I truly believe that the people in my life are there for a reason!  They may be there for me to learn from or for them to learn from me! But there is a purpose!  The investment I make in taking time to really know these people without judgement will teach me important things about human nature; about myself, but certainly, if I commit each relationship to the Lord, it will teach me something about the Character of God! (Jer. 10:12)

Third, God has gifted His children with joy and passion for all things good! Each day I will find something to laugh about out loud; drink truth deeply from His Word; appreciate something beautiful often overlooked in the hurriedness of life, and pursue God's will in service to another with humility, sincerity and fervor. (Coloss.3:17, 23).  

This is the Path of Life I Choose: 

                                                 To Walk in Wisdom - Ephesians 5:15
                                               To Walk by Faith Not Sight - 2 Corin. 5:7
                                             To Walk Humbly with My God- Micah 6:8

                                               Won't You Walk this Path With Me?


UNTIL NEXT TIME...








No comments:

Post a Comment