Sunday, October 5, 2014

BROKEN THINGS!!

Remember as a chid how you thought nothing of taking a treasured toy or some little cherished item with a boo boo to an adult saying,  Fix it please!  That's how I've been feeling lately, only there's no one  in this world that can actually do that!

Rarely, a day goes by that I don't hear the word broken used to describe some malfunctioning, defective or insufficient practice that comes to light during a crisis.  Our economy teeters on the brink of default every few months or so.  Terrorists easily find breaches in Homeland security.  Billions of dollars are spent each year to equip and train our law enforcement officers yet crime and violence continues to escalate!  Folks let's admit it...our world is broken!

While some take this admission as an opportunity to point fingers, when the smoke clears we can only point to one culprit--the god of this age, Satan! (2 Corinthian 4:3-4)  Don't get me wrong, I know this is October, the month when Ole Slew foot, gets enough publicity.  I'm not even overlooking man's personal responsibility by using, the Devil made me do it, excuse.  I'm just telling you whose behind all these events.

Sorry, Republicans, this is not all President Obama and the Democrats fault.  Sorry, Feminists, there is a war against women, but the Republicans aren't waging it and Hilary Clinton can't fix it.  I'm sorry too Christians.. that although prayer has been taken out of school, it shouldn't have been taken out of your home.  You can't really blame Madelyn O'Hare for the rising cost of health care or the immigration problem can you?

As is my practice, when I'm stumped for answers to questions of a global nature like the failing world systems, I go to the God's Word.  I know that part of the remedy for healing broken things is prayer.  So I revisited the Lord's Prayer in John 17.  No, I'm not confused.  I'm not talking about the Model Prayer, that begins, Our Father which art in heaven.... (Matt. 6:9-13).  I'm talking about Christ's prayer in the Garden of Gethsemane.

It may surprise you that Jesus' concern at the time was not for this world.  In fact He specifically says in John 17:9, I pray for them (Christ followers).  I'm not praying for the God-rejecting world But for those you gave me, For they are yours by right. (Message Bible).  He goes on to say in verse 15: I do not ask you to take them out of this world but that you keep them from the Evil one. 

In another passage He warns us through the apostle John,  Love not the world neither the things in the world.  If anyone loves the world, the  love of the Father is not in him. (I John 2:15). So does this mean we shouldn't care about what's happening in the world?  Of course not!  We are still commanded to be Salt and Light (Matt. 5:13-17).  We should still vote and serve in the armed forces when called upon and pay our taxes (Romans 13:1-7).

What we should not do is put our hope for a better world in mankind! We must not believe that
somehow morality will be restored through a miraculous change of mind, or that violence will be quelled through the imprisonment of more offenders or stricter gun laws.

Here is the reality!  Satan is alive and well and these are the last days spoken of in 2 Timothy 4: 1-5,  The Days of Broken Things.  We've been in them since Christ's resurrection.  Let us not be blinded that things are going to get better they're not! But let's get busy preparing for the time when Abba Father, Our Lord comes back, destroys Satan and fixes all that is broken.  Then, there will be a new and righteous world order! (Romans 8:15; Revelation 21)

Determine to  live each day until this glorious time comes with the strength and grace He provides.  Do not fear the unknown for Christ is praying for you!  Do not strive in fruitless pursuits, endless debates and marches! And above all do not  lose hope!

"Broken Things can become Blessed Things for our good, But God Must do the Mending!"






No comments:

Post a Comment