Monday, November 2, 2015

FOR THE NEXT 60 DAYS...

Be careful then how you live...
(Ephesians 5:15-16)
Turning both the clocks in my home and the page on my calendar to a new month this weekend, I had an incredible Ah hah moment!  Only sixty more days (Lord willing) until a 
brand new year!

Suddenly it occurred to me.  Why wait until December 31st to start thinking about much needed changes?  Today is as good a day as any to start thinking about refreshing, renewing, and revitalizing my life.

So for the next 60 days,  I'm going to do a few small, simple, but significant things that I believe could really revolutionize the time I have left here on earth!  I'd  like to share them with you and if you want, come join me for the discovery!

Like the proverbial Three-legged Stool, my strategy will affect the three basic components of all humans:  BODY, MIND, AND SPIRIT
  •  BODY - For the next 60 days, I'm going to step out into the fresh air and take 10 Deep Breaths!  (Breathe in slowly to a count of "5," hold for a count of "5," then slowly release.  Experts say that  deep breathing not only helps you reduce stress, it oxygenates your brain so you think more clearly, rids the body of harmful carbon dioxide, and strengthens your immune system. (Genesis 2:7) Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being. 
  • MIND - For the next 60 days, I'm going to change my mindset and focus on positive thoughts. (limiting my news intake on T.V. and newspapers, taking note of only what is necessary to keep me informed for my basic safety or welfare) When I begin to spiral down into negativity, I will meditate on scripture. ( Philippians 4:8) Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 
  • SPIRIT - For the next 60 days,  I will affirm myself and find one thing a day to laugh out loud about! (For once, I will agree with God that since I've been redeemed, I am the Apple of His Eye, Deeply loved, Totally Accepted, Perfectly Pleasing and Complete in Him. (Proverbs 17:22) A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. 
UNTIL NEXT TIME... 



If you would like to leave a comment please send an email to: sisters4sisters@att.net OR  scroll to the bottom of my blog page at  http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com  click on the  no comments by the pencil and it will change to a writi
  

No comments:

Post a Comment