Thursday, May 4, 2023

There's Nothing Like the Feeling of 'NEW'!


 I am of the generation that still appreciates things that are new!  Southern born from a family of ten children, we didn't always have the luxury of buying or wearing things straight from the manufacturer.

I guess that's why I still love the smell of a new car; the comfort of a brand new mattress, or the sound of new appliances doing their thing, softly and efficiently.  

Not new as in cheap or artificial. There's plenty of that kind of stuff.  Things quickly made to satisfy the desire to look rich without paying the price. But that which is authentic, long lasting and of the highest quality.

The greatest example of the Newness I'm referring to is when the Lord led me to this particular Bible verse early in my Christian life:


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation.  The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. (2 Corinthians 5:17)

Although, I am no longer deprived of new things materially, I am STILL in awe of my God Who allows me to experience this new feeling spiritually.

πŸ’š NEW MERCIES that awaken me each morning - Click Here

πŸ’š NEW FORGIVENESS for my sins  - Click Here 

πŸ’š NEW NATURE controlling my attitudes and lusts  -Click Here

πŸ’š NEW HOPE in times of discouragement and despair - Click Here

As Christians we should never forget the wonder of our salvation experience! Like children who devalue and discard an item as soon as the newness wears off we become satisfied with the  artificial when the genuine is right at hand

Instead we should approach each day and each blessing as a season of newness in our life. Our God is about making things Brand New! He doesn't refurbish or renovate.  He completely changes us from the inside out. 

Are you STILL thirsting for the FAKE when you can have the REAL DEAL my friend? Here's another reminder from God's Word:

Ask the Lord for rain in the spring, for He makes the storm clouds. And He will send showers of rain so every field becomes a lush pasture. (Zechariah 10:1)

UNTIL NEXT TIME

If you would like to leave a comment please send an email to: sisters4sisters@att.net OR  scroll to the bottom of my blog page at  http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com  click on the no comments by the pencil and it will change to a writing space  


10 comments:

  1. This blog was so beautifully written and spiritually heard and received. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my friend!

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed the blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings to you and yours!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the reminder to embrace God’s newness everyday❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it’s so easy to forget! Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  4. Camille Thank you for reminding us that God's mercies are new every day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always appreciate your feedback and support!

      Delete
  5. His mercies are new each day by along with His compassion— both never fail. Thank you for another great reminder of what it means to be grateful.
    Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I to love New stuff πŸ’—πŸ’— thanks for the word πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete