Monday, January 16, 2017

SEIZING YOUR SEASON!!

Erratic winter weather this year has caused my poor little Boxwood shrubs to sprout with what looks like new leaves!  Here in the Midwest we've had days that felt like Spring complete with rains that come with it; below zero temperatures, and forecasts nearing the 70s!  Not your typical winter is it?

SMH (Shaking My Head)! It makes me think about the old folks of my childhood who would point to the bible and warn:  Time is getting short.  If you've got something you want to do, you better be about it! 

Now learn a lesson from the fig tree: when its branches bud and its leaves begin to sprout, you know that summer is near.  In the same way, when you see all these things, you can know His return is very near, right at the door." (Matthew 24:32-33 NLT)

Biblically speaking the use of this verse in that way is out of context. Yet, I take the sentiment to heart! Now is the time to Seize Your Season in Life, for the future in so many ways is very unpredictable! 

I sometimes look back at the various seasons in my own life, those times I took a big bite of  luscious looking fruit and found it bitter because it was out of season for God's plan in my life!  (Song of Solomon 8:4). When I was discouraged in a season, thinking I would never realize my dreams for college, a career, spiritual, and cultural enrichment, but in its appropriate season got it all! (Matthew 6:33)  

Even now as I am aging, I wonder if my season has passed for fruitfulness and significance! Can I still add value to others. Is it foolish to entertain these dreams I still have! While I would admonish every young person to: Remember your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near of which you will say,  I have no pleasure in them...(Ecc. 12:1).  I am also comforted by these words of King Solomon: (Ecc. 3: 1-5)

There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die,
A time to plant and a time to uproot,
A time to kill and a time to heal,
A time to tear down and a time to build,
A time to weep and a time to laugh,
A time to mourn and a time to dance
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
A time to embrace and a time to refrain 

Perhaps after reading this you've concluded as I have....There's STILL a lot left for me to do in MY Season!!!!   A lot of planting, a lot of healing, a lot of building, a lot of serving, a lot of living

 This is my Prayer!  (From the lyrics of a popular song)


"Lord, whatever You're doing in this season, Don't do it without me!"


DON'T WAIT...SEIZE YOUR SEASON!


If you would like to leave a comment please send an email to: sisters4sisters@att.net OR  scroll to the bottom of my blog page at  http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com  click on the  no comments by the pencil and it will change to a writing space.



1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your comments on the scripture Matt. 24:32-33 and I agree with some of them. It disturbed me when you said the scripture was taken out of context. The chapter itself is speaking of events that will take place during the time of the end of the age. Jesus is simply saying when you see these events happening know that the end of this age is near. Which is why we should seize every moment, every opportunity to be a witness, every opportunity to pray for and with someone; seize every moment to be about God's plan for our individual lives! So in that way, yes you are so right, "Seize the moment, do all you can while you can! Know that everyday the Lord is returning and calling people home. So not all will make it to the end of the age alive, some will be asleep. That is why we should be redeeming the time because no man knows the day nor the hour...God bless you my sister. Do have a wonderful day in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete