Search This Blog

Thursday, October 8, 2026

TOTAL SURRENDER..My Soul Said "YES", But...(PART ONE)


 
"Yes, my soul, find rest in 
God; my hope comes from
 him." (Ps. 62:5)

Let me tell you, when I say it's been a Powerful, Spirit-filled, Anointed, four weeks with Jesus...BELIEVE IT!  

An average of 152 women came together for our annual Women's Bible Study (Praise God our Sixteenth!) but this time with a bit of a twist!  We dug in DEEP this year! We tackled an area of Spiritual discipline rarely focused on in religious circles...TOTAL SURRENDER!!! All sessions were divided according to seasons of life:  Gen Z - 18-29 yrs.; Millennial - 30-45; Gen X -46-61yrs; and Boomers - 62 +. Because Saints... surrendering is difficult, costly and will not be the same for everyone!

we read scripture, prayed and studied bible principles from Priscilla Shirer's book, I Surrender All. If you're serious about Discipleship (Following Jesus), this is a Must Read! It's not her latest and maybe not her most popular offering but in my view the most needed!

We knew we were in for a good Purging of the Heart when she hit us between the eyes with the premise of this book ...EVERYTHING !   
Click here: Matthew 16:24  

OMG, What's this about?  How are we going to do it?   And, C'mon Lord haven't I given enough?  These were MY questions. I can only imagine what my other sisters were thinking.  Yet, as we moved forward the SPIRIT OF THE LORD, Not PRISCILLA told us:
  • EVERYTHING WE HAVE - People, Possessions, Positions, Pleasures - Belong to Him!  Click here: Psalm 24:1
  • EVERYTHING WE NEED - To Survive: Physical, Emotional, Spiritual - We Find in Him! Click here: Philippians 4:19
  • EVERYTHING WE WANT - Love, Purpose, Significance, Respect - Begins With Him!   Click here: Psalm 37:4
  • EVERYTHING WE ARE - Divine, Redeemed, Chosen, Secure -Paid For By Him!          Click here: Ephesians 2:10  and Click here: I Peter 2:9
  • EVERY THING WE FACE -Loneliness, Despair, Suffering - Known By Him! Click here: Philippians 3:10 
JESUS WANTS IT ALL!

Thus our journey began..

Under the auspices of the Holy Spirit our Faith, Pride, and Sense of Entitlement was challenged!
💗 Where have we placed our identity?
 💗How much time have we really spent connecting and abiding with the Lord? 
💗Are we faithful in our First Love Relationship with Jesus or just giving Him our Spare Parts?
 Click here: Revelation 2:1-5 

In every session over all the generations powerful testimonies of God were given.  But there was also the fresh grief and struggles of some still in the midst of Spiritual healing! The Gen Z's were our smallest group but were intimately guided through this tender age of adulting by a leader who knows all the ups and downs!  The Boomers, our largest, most experienced boldly shared what helped and hindered their spiritual growth in this transitioning season! Gen X's are faced with unique and complex circumstances in their season. For some this study provided a bit of clarity as they faith their way through.  And sequestered away in the Prayer Room where the Millennials met something powerful was happening... I dared not enter... and they didn't want to come out! 

These sessions were ensconced with Eight Key Words from Priscilla Shirer's book: REST (Ps. 46:10); RECEIVE (Matt. 11:29);  CONNECT (I Thess. 5:17); ABIDE (John 15:7); ALIGN (Matt. 6:33); REMAIN (John 15:16); and BEAR FRUIT (Matt. 28:19-20).

Each session concluded with Prayers and Altar Call.  A sacred hymn was sung without music.  All were invited to meet with prayer warriors for personal prayer or encouragement. In our final session,  The ALTAR WAS TRANSFORMED INTO A PLACE OF SURRENDER...

☦ SAFETY
☦ SINCERE (worship)
☦ SACRIFICE
☦ SERVITUDE (to Christ)

 (Our Final Hymn)

I SURRENDER ALL

All to Jesus, I Surrender, All to Him I freely give.
I will ever love and trust Him, in His presence daily live.
I surrender All
I surrender All
All to thee my blessed Savior, I surrender All 


BUT DID WE?    DO YOU?
Click here: Romans 12:1-2


[PLEASE JOIN ME FOR THE SECOND PART OF THIS INCREDIBLE JOURNEY COMING VERY, VERY SOON!]



UNTIL NEXT TIME...

If you would like to leave a comment please send an email to: sisters4sisters@att.net OR  scroll to the bottom of my blog page at  http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com  click on the pencil and the no comments will change to a writing space.

No comments:

Post a Comment