Friday, May 3, 2013

What God Said to Me Today!

 I generally start my day around 6:00 or 7:00AM..(moved it up a hour or so since my hubby retired last year). I love getting up early when the house is quiet (no television, no radio or flushing toilets); just me and the Lord and a few birds chirping outside the window.

 I 've been getting Dr. Charles Stanley's  "In Touch"  devotional book  for a couple of years now and it is just chock full of godly wisdom.  Today, the scripture was Hebrews 6:13-16, with the topic:  The Rewards of Patience.  I had to chuckle.  I just visited a lovely senior yesterday who has had both a knee and hip replacement in the last year and confessed she complained to God, all through her recuperation.  She told me she knew God was teaching her "patience" Because He knew this was her area of Spiritual growth.  I can identify with her.  It's mine too!  Every time I get smug and start to cross it off my Fruit of the Spirit list...here comes another trial...or another blow up with my husband...or another bout of insecurity concerning the aging process....So God said to me this morning?   What's the Big  Hurry?  Don't you know I've got everything under control? Have I ever broken a promise?  I answered:  No, Lord,  quieted down for a little bit and
stayed in my PJ's all day long......Every once in awhile  You just got to Slow down and remember Whose in Charge of your day!

If you would like to get Stanley's devotional online try this link:

intouch.org


No comments:

Post a Comment