Sunday, May 31, 2015

JOY in the Journey!

These things have I spoken...
that your joy might be full
(John 15:11)
By popular demand, I'm offering up my post for those who would love to share God's Word from a single woman's point of view!  Meet Stephanie, True Warrior for the Lord, whose dropping a bit of knowledge on us about living joyfully no matter what situation you find yourself!  SPEAK SISTAH...WE'RE ALL EARS!


Once upon a time, I was walking down this lonesome highway of life hand-in-hand with God.  We were talking.  Or rather, I was fretting to Him about all the things I didn’t like about the life He had given me.  My life was starting to feel so mundane--consisting of church, work, school, and home.  I felt like there was nothing of significance going for me.  I felt this passion and pull for purpose that was not getting fulfilled.


God listened patiently to my dissatisfaction and petition for a better life.  When I had no words left in me to utter, I waited quietly for His answer. After a time, God simply asked, “Is your glass half-empty or half-full?” I don’t know,” I said.  “What does this have to do with my situation?”  “Everything,” replied God. 

“The cup represents the life I have given you and the water represents my Holy Spirit and the blessings that have been bestowed unto you (Psalm 23:5).  When you live your life primarily focused on all the things you feel I have not given (glass half-empty), you are focused on the part of the glass that has no water--the part of the glass that is empty.  And just as that part is empty, so you live your life feeling just the same.  Where there is no water, there is dryness (Psalms 63:1).  Where there is dryness there is thirst (Psalm 107:5).  Therefore, you will become incredibly discontented (thirsty/dry) in your life’s journey (Psalm 69:3, Isaiah 29:8, and Ezekiel 19:13). 

However, when you live your life with your heart, mind, and soul focused on the water (glass half-full), and you become thankful and grateful daily for all that you have been given (Colossians 3:15, Psalms 100:4, Romans 1:21), even for the very little things, you will live a life where your thirst is continuously quenched (Psalms 105:41).  Your soul will become satisfied and content (Psalm 63:4-5).  You will find joy (Psalm 16:11).”When God was finished, I meditated on his Word and words day and night.

 After a time, I decided to challenge myself to live each day as God instructed, placing my heart, mind, and soul in the “land of thanksgiving,” focusing on the water already placed in my cup.  I would stop complaining about what I didn’t have, and truly be thankful and grateful for what I already had—to learn to live in the moment, and to stop fretting about the unforeseeable future.  I would let go of the reins and put God in total control.  And you know, a miraculous thing began to happen…  I started to have Joy in the Journey (Galatians 5:22). 

I started to wake-up each morning andlove my life more and more--not just in words, but also in my heart, soul, and mind.  I’m talking about complete and utter joy!  To the point, that my half-full glass, became totally filled to overflowing (Psalm 23:5).  Having joy is vital to life (Deuteronomy 28:47-48).  Don’t let your life be filled with only man-made manufactured happiness, but seek joy from above.  Learn to have Joy in the Journey!


If you'd like to leave Stephanie a comment regarding her post send an email to: sisters4sisters@att.net OR  scroll to the bottom of my blog page at  http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com  
Click on the pencil (the no comments will change to a writing space to leave your thoughts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment