It saddens me that this is the world my grandchildren must grow up in! That this legacy of hate and deception, fueled by anger and self-defined justice is what they can look forward to. But surprised? Not really. We've been spiraling down this path for centuries, it's what has been described in God's Word as the End Times! (Matthew 24:6) You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, BUT the end is still to come."
I'm a bible dispensationalist, so I'm not attributing what we're seeing in our world today as The Tribulation period described in Matthew's gospel and the book of Revelation. I hold to the belief that we are still under Grace! But sometimes, when you've had a week in America, like we had last week, it sure feels real close to it!
Domestic violence: police shootings, gang wars, black on black crime, and the San Bernadino, California massacre killing 14 people and injuring many more, only heightens this thought. They are all rather senseless! We tend to accept tragedy better if there's a plausible motive behind it. If we can put a neat little label on it, we can move on a bit easier. But why so many and why now?
So what do you do? You shut the television off for awhile, quickly turn to the comics, past the scary front page headliners and sit down to think about how you're going to survive the fear that is just waiting to hijack any sense of security you're feeling! Some fears like those described above are valid, even reasonable, others are mind games we play on ourselves based on what could happen!
Imagined or not, we all have to learn how to face our fears in a way that helps us to exercise our faith rather than cave in under the consequences--A life devoid of hope, godly potential, and good will to our fellow man!
Here are some things to remember. I need to add a disclaimer however. They only work if your Faith source is in JESUS CHRIST! READ and find comfort in knowing that GOD IS STILL IN CONTROL!
- Fear is the opposite of faith...if you deal with your fear your faith will automatically increase because you are properly connected with your Faith Source, God.
- Prayer and meditation of scripture is essential in changing your fearful attitudes.
- Remember that God permitting adversities in your life is one way He increases your faith.
1. For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and discipline. (2 Tim. 1:7)
2. No evil will befall you, nor will any plague come near your tent. For He will give His angels charge concerning you to guard you in all your ways. (Psalm 91:10-11)
3. In God I have put my trust, I shall not be afraid. What can man do to me? (Psalm 56:11)
4. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; your rod and staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; my cup overflows. (Psalm 23:4-5)
UNTIL NEXT TIME...
If you would like to leave a comment please send an email to: email@example.com OR scroll to the bottom of my blog page at http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com click on the no comments by the pencil and it will change to a writing space.