It's been said that Complacency is the Enemy of Success! After all the hard work, time, energy, and money spent reaching life goals you're now faced with the inevitable...how to maintain and stay on top of your game!
Or, perhaps for you, it's the opposite! You don't WANT to do anything different than what you're doing now! You've earned the right to go to church once a week, Praise awhile, Pray a little bit, Enjoy the sermon and then Tip God on the the way home! You paid your dues long ago (teaching, ushering, committee work, and the like)...let the young folks take it from here!
To both groups the Lord is saying ... It's time to get a bit uncomfortable. Time to get off the Career track and off the Church pew and back into serving the needs of others!!!
Listen, my sisters! The world is hurting and if the Church is to make a difference we ALL have to do our part! TWO GREAT RESOURCES ARE A.W.O.L. FROM SERVING NEEDS: The Wisdom of the Aged and the Energy and Expertise of Millennials (18-34 year olds). Let me remind you:
Everything you have is because of the Lord! (Psalm 24:1) Your talents, your gifts, personality, and ability to achieve is from His hand (James 1:17). If you are seeking significance and sustainability and disappointed with the world's definition of success, come on back to the Lord! Use what you've learned IN the world to SAVE the world and be richly rewarded in the process!
God's work has no Glass Ceilings! And Senior Saints, God's work has no Retirement Plan! (Jeremiah 29:11)
Don't Let Complacency Keep You From Being Your Best:
1. Keep Learning- Challenge yourself to try something different! Take a class in something of interest, learn to play an instrument, travel then share these experiences with others. Keep your mind and body active as you grow older!
2. Welcome Change - Don't close your mind to new ways of doing things! Get a fresh perspective from those who may be younger, do things a bit different but have a common goal!
3. Keep a Future Focus - The world's future may seem bleak but in Christ yours is as bright as ever! Shake yourself out of the habit of complaining, criticizing, and negative thinking. No one wants to be around this attitude!
Don't Let Complacency Keep You from Giving Your Best:
1. Discover and Use Your Gifts For God - If you don't know your Spiritual gifts, take a class or access one of the free gift assessments online: https://gifts.churchgrowth.org/analysis/index.php
It is relatively easy to transition technical, communication, and social media skills used on your job to ministry and it is much more rewarding to do so.
2. Learn From the Best, Not Books! - Find a mentor who may not have your education but has experience; godly wisdom, and valuable insight gained over years. Learn from her, share your thoughts about where God may be leading you to serve, but most important.. LISTEN!!! There's a big difference between Thoeory and Practice!
3. Stay Humble and Persevere - Today's culture is known for providing formulas for success, building you up with lofty expectations, then telling you to wait for a speedy outcome! That's not the way it works in real life! In ministry as in life, you must be willing to stay the course, stretch yourself, reinvent your method of outreach occasionally, and when things don't turn out the way you desire be satisfied that God will work it all together for His good! (Romans 8:28-29)
God's Purpose and Passion is embedded in your very soul! Your gifts have already been earmarked for success (Ephes. 2:10; Joshua 1:8) Don't squander your life on that which has no eternal value. (I Corinthians 3:13) The Body of Christ already has a place for your unique Talents and Gifts. All You need to do is....
GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN!
UNTIL NEXT TIME...
If you would like to leave a comment please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR scroll to the bottom of my blog page at http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com click on the no comments by the pencil and it will change to a writing space.