Monday, June 11, 2018

DANCING FOR MY FATHER!

Though my father and mother
forsake me, the Lord will
receive me. (Psalm 27:10)
I never really liked my father!  That's not something I'm comfortable admitting even after all these years.  You see I never had much of a relationship with him.  He and my mom separated when I was five years old and even though we lived in the same town only ten minutes away from each other, any effort to see me was always on my part.

He's been dead thirty-six years and you would think that by now I'd be over any Daddy issues lingering about.  Yet, it is at times like this, days before the celebration of Father's Day, that I get a bit nostalgic. Desiring to know if only in memory, what it felt like to be loved by a real father.

I've always wanted to be a Daddy's girl! You, know what I mean? I wanted to be the little girl in that iconic picture standing on top of her father's shoes as he holds her close for the first grown up dance of her life!  Perhaps even putting on a solo dance performance to impress and please him.  Leaping and twirling elegantly with little girl curls and swirls  just for him!

I always wanted to be spoiled and made to feel special.
 Protected and cared for in a way that only a father can make you feel!  And although I never experienced this from my biological father, I have this and much more from my heavenly Father!  You see, even todayHe writes precious letters to me in His Word and tells me such beautiful things:

For this is what the LORD Almighty says:  After the Glorious One has sent me against the nations that have plundered you--for whoever touches you touches the apple of His eye (Zechariah 2:8)

<>When I am fretful, discouraged and fearful that I've disappointed Him too greatly, I don't fear punishment as with an earthly Dad.  I'm comforted by these words:

The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you:
in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17) 

<>I may have felt abandoned by my biological father and spent countless hours wondering if he really cared anything about me at all, but I never doubt my true Father when He tells me:

See I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.
(Isaiah 49:16)

<>Earthly fathers sometimes make promises that they never keep.  They are either too busy or too thoughtless to give you the love you desire, but not my Heavenly Father, who assures me:

I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. (Jeremiah 31:3)

An African proverb goes like this: "When the music changes so does the dance!"  The sweet music of a godly earthly father may have long stopped playing in your life but that doesn't mean that the dance is over:



Come with Me!  Lift Your Hands to the Heavens!
Dance for Your HEAVENLY Father!
He is Worthy to Be Praised!!!



[This blog post is dedicated to women everywhere who may have had fathers
 who neglected, abandoned, physically, or sexually abused them. You are precious
in the eyes of your heavenly Father and He is waiting to heal every wound!]



UNTIL NEXT TIME...

If you would like to leave a comment please send an email to: sisters4sisters@att.net OR  scroll to the bottom of my blog page at  http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com  click on the  no comments by the pencil and it will change to a writing space.




No comments:

Post a Comment