Monday, October 23, 2017

How to be a S.M.A.R.T. Woman of God!

His divine power has given us
everything we need... (2 Peter 1:3)
I'm the first to admit that some technology scares the heck out of me!  I mean there's something quite terrifying (if your birth pre-dates the Digital Age) about a little apparatus, called a smartphone that really IS smarter than you are!

Although it's been several years since I gave up my flip phone begrudgingly; I still struggle with keeping up with the changes and options available to me. My children and grandchildren tell me that if I'd just try them, these new apps would make me more savvy and efficient in my life.  I can't however seem to get past the simple mundane functions I've gotten accustomed to!

It's like that in my Christian life as well!  I don't use nearly enough or efficiently, the options God gives me that could make a radical change in my life spiritually! This was never more evident to me than at a Joyce Meyers conference last weekend! Among the many thought-provoking insights she shared, there was one thing she said that struck a chord: "Everything you need is already downloaded into you by the Holy Spirit when you are saved!"

I think it was the use of the word download that grabbed my attention!  You see, at home I'd been clicking Remind Me Later for a week, putting off a message to install updates that would help my computer run better and more securely!  I wondered... how many times have I said the same thing to the Holy Spirit?  He says: My Friend, time to stop texting and spend some quality time with me.  My response:  Remind Me Later!


Ironically, 2 Peter 1:3 is one of my favorite scriptures.  I think it speaks not only to me but busy Christian women, everywhere.  We say we can't get along without the modern conveniences of smartphones, i pads, e-readers and the like.  Having these items at hand makes us smarter and are essential tools for achieving a successful life!  Really? If you've got the time...let's take a fresh look at this verse:


His divine power has granted to us
all things that pertain to life and godliness,
through the knowledge of him who called
us to his own glory and excellence, (ESV)

I believe God wants us to be smart Christian women but S.M.A.R.T. in Biblical ways! After all as Joyce reminded us. When He saved us, He downloaded us with the Holy Spirit and we get all these wonderful user friendly options:

 S - The ability to take SELFIES from any given angle:  John 16:8-9


M - Unlimited MEMORY no purchase necessary:  John 14:26

A -Convenient APPS for life (prayer, relationships, etc):Romans 8:26
             Galatians 5:22
R - Eliminates ROAMING charges: John 14:17

T -Maximized TALK TIME with clarity and speed: Acts 1:8

Let's Begin to Live Smarter not Harder!


UNTIL NEXT TIME...

If you would like to leave a comment please send an email to: sisters4sisters@att.net OR  scroll to the bottom of my blog page at  http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com  click on the  no comments by the pencil and it will change to a writing space.

No comments:

Post a Comment