Thursday, August 22, 2019

WHAT THE RED BIRD TELLS ME!

"But ask the beasts and
they will teach you; the
birds and they will tell
you;" (Job 12:7 KJV)
Walking is my favorite form of exercise.  I'm blessed to live near a wooded area with ample sidewalks and paved streets so I get out a few times a week.  There is however,  an area of about a mile or two that doesn't have sidewalks.  A road takes me through neighborhoods filled with massive yards and there's a sweet little creek winding right along its edges! When I take my morning walks that's the place I head out to.

 To get  there I have to pass a newly constructed walk and bicycle trail.  It parallels a very busy street and is a common spot for joggers and moms with babies in strollers.  It's convenient and easy to access but I prefer the more picturesque and less noisy trails.

 Off the main streets is where I see squirrels, rabbits, raccoons and occasionally a deer or two.  But nothing thrills me more than to look up and spot a Red Bird.  Whether it's flying about or simply nestled in the branches of a tree, seeing one is an automatic mood lifter.

Surprisingly this doesn't happen very often even though the Cardinal is Indiana's state bird! That makes it more exciting to see one.  When I do this familiar tune always comes to mind:
"I know it was the blood, I know it was the blood, I know it was the blood for me....one day when I was lost He died upon the cross.  I know it was the blood for me!" I can't help but hum or sing a verse or two!

That is what the Red Bird tells ME!  Remember, no matter what's going on, the trials, the drama, the senseless activities in life, you are covered by the Blood (Ephesians 1:7) You have already received the greatest gift you will ever have...Eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ!

I know there are many legends and meanings accorded to the sighting of the Red Bird.  Some say it is a visit from a deceased loved one. Others a sign of good fortune. There is even a beautiful love story from Choctaw Indian lore that is worth a read.  However, from the biblical perspective I've learned that birds are a great teaching tool and are significant in spirituality.  We know the white dove as a symbol of peace but I've only learned recently the Red Bird is a symbol of faith, life, and the vitality of the soul.  I can only speak for myself.  To me it is a reminder of God's Presence, His Magnificence, and His Power.

There is a theological term you may have heard of called Natural Revelation.  It is the manifestation of God through nature.  Psalms 19:1-3 NIV explains it like this: 

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the skies proclaim the work of His hands.  Day after day they pour forth speech, night after night they display knowledge. There is no speech or language where their voice is not heard.

If you've ever wondered how people in the most remote parts of the world, those who have never seen a bible or heard a preacher can be saved, this is the answer.  All they have to do is look to the skies (or maybe hear the chirping of a Red Bird), acknowledge that there is Someone greater than themselves and humbly put their faith in Him!  He is the only One Who Creates Something out of Nothing (Ex Nihilo)!

The Red Bird among other of its species tell me that:

>> GOD PROVIDES (Matt. 6:26) - Look at the birds in the air; they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they?


>>GOD STRENGTHENS HIS CHILDREN (Isaiah 40:31) - But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.


>>GOD CARES FOR ALL (Psalm 104:12) - The bird of the sky nest by the waters, they sing among the branches. 


The next time you are strolling, riding, or simply resting and God sends a Red Bird your way, pause a moment and quiet yourself  Listen carefully it might have a message from the Lord for you!
I applied my heart to what I observed,
and learned a lesson from what I saw.
(Proverbs 24:32)



UNTIL NEXT TIME...

If you would like to leave a comment please send an email to: sisters4sisters@att.net OR  scroll to the bottom of my blog page at  http://alittlewiser63.blogspot.com  click on the no comments by the pencil and it will change to a writing space. 


No comments:

Post a Comment